About The Work Itself
The Work Itself method is a facilitated work session that helps work teams align their individual and team activities with the company’s mission, vision, values, and strategy. This method encourages the individual employee in a work team to develop and fulfill the work teams and the organization’s strategic plan. The Work Itself encourages every employee to execute organizational strategy by eliminating fake work and focusing on real work.
The focal point of The Work Itself method is a facilitated work session that helps work teams align their individual and team activities with key organizational strategies.
Most importantly, The Work Itself was designed to drive business strategies to get measurable results. Leaders agree to key strategies and translate these strategies into language that applies to all people in the organization. The result is that everyone in the organization drives real return on investment if they are connected to the strategies focused on results.
What I Do at Work
• Identify, categorize, and analyze how you spend your time at work.
Relating My Tasks to Strategy
• Understand the Your Organizational strategies and begin to connect your daily tasks to the strategies.
Identifying Critical Work Tasks
• Identify the critical work tasks that will make the greatest contribution to accomplishing your Your Organizational strategies.
Confirming My Priorities with My Team
• Validate your critical work tasks and their relationship to your Organizational strategies with input from your team.
Assessing My Six Critical Work Tasks with My Team
• Perform a personal and team analysis of the traits and abilities of each individual and how these traits contribute to executing critical tasks.
Reporting the Results
• Summarize your work and acknowledge your accomplishments
Developing an Individual Action Plan
• Commit to a realistic action plan that allows you to accomplish your critical work tasks and contribute to your Your Organizational strategies.
Concluding the Work Session
• Commit to implementing your action plan and participating in the follow-up steps.
PDF-TWI brings the best-in-class instructors and training providers under one roof.
Dr. Brent D. Peterson has an international reputation in the fields of organizational development and change management. He developed The Work Itself, a team process that helps align individuals and work groups to execute organizational mission, vision, and strategy.
Dr. Peterson has facilitated more than 3,000 corporate workshops and learning interventions. His clients range from Nike, Alaska Pipeline, and Kodak to British Petroleum, Volvo, Fuji Film, and NASA.
Dr. Peterson is author or co-author of more than 20 books dealing with learning and development. He earned a Ph.D. degree in organizational behavior at Ohio
12 certified Egyptian facilitators also deliver the workshop.
Value to Participants
The focal point of The Work Itself alignment method is a facilitated work session that helps work teams align their individual and team activities with key Your Organizational strategies. This method was developed as a result of The Work Itself Group’s work in strategic planning, quality improvement, and performance management.
The value of The Work Itself arises from the fact that no single individual or group within today’s demanding marketplace can possess the wisdom or vision needed to chart strategic action and carry it out successfully.
To ensure that plans are sound, accepted, supported, and executed with quality, all people in an Your Organization must contribute to the process and these sessions encourage individual employees in a work team to develop and fulfill the work team’s and YOUR ORGANIZATION’S strategic plan in a quality manner.
TWI is designed for individuals such as groups work in strategic planning, quality improvement, and performance management they could be more effective with a broader understanding of the overall functioning of an organization.